COACH network partners are provided with tailored and professional support so they can implement the COACH mentoring program effectively in their community.
• Providing robust personalised training for mentors based on adult learning theory with core units covering Introduction to Mentoring and Boundaries, Values and Risk. Depending on the target community, additional training units are provided on understanding families, youth, kids and ex-offenders.
• Operational support, including the provision of a comprehensive operations manual, policies and procedures.
• Ongoing Support via regular consultations, including monthly phone conferences, video blogs and annual regional visits.
• Engaging with churches and other sources of volunteers in order to recruit and screen mentors.
• Engaging the community and developing local referral networks for the program’s participants.
• Branding support and marketing to the community and potential mentors.
• Fundraising consultation (if needed) to raise funds for program.
• An eight step implementation plan.
COACH Community Mapping
COACH doesn’t take a ‘cookie cutter’ approach to working with our partners to seek transformation in their local communities. We believe it is of foundational importance to begin by really listening to what is happening in each local context, and mapping both the strengths and the needs facing your local community.
"We set goals and we achieved them, so it was like we’re getting somewhere. And some challenges took 3–6 months to complete but we got there in the end."
- As a not-for-profit community organisation we rely on donations from our generous supporters. Every donation makes a difference and we take great care to use every dollar responsibly. Your donation impacts the lives of people in our local community and beyond. COACH aims to support 1700 families, 4000 children and 600 young people
by the end of 2021.
Currently it costs us a total of $412 per year (or $34.50 per month) to mobilise a mentor to work with a family or young person!
By Direct Debit
Account name: Crossway LifeCare Ltd.
BSB: 083 004 Account number: 19 226 3226
Donations over $2 are tax deductible in Australia.
ABN 61 144 934 592